Tuesday, February 8, 2022

"you're" wrong...

 



I've never been a fan of bad spelling or grammar.

Always have been. 

I despise it, actually. Even when it's me. There have been posts on this blog where I have misspelled a word or two...or used the wrong grammar. And I've hated it. 

So, I've become very annoyed when words aren't used properly. Especially if it's within the context of a professional conversation.



In the screenshot above, you can see a text message that I received. The person who sent it was a recruiter who was looking to see if I was interested in a new job. I wasn't interested because the job description didn't move me and the pay that they were offering wasn't worth me leaving my current job.

And then I got to the last line...

"Let me know if your interested."

I read it again.

"Let me know if your interested."

Then I read it again. 

"Let me know if your interested."

Then...I read it...and corrected it in my mind...

"Let me know if your you're interested."

I could have deleted the text and moved on. But I chose to respond. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I looked at it like I was passing on some knowledge. It could have been an honest mistake. Or he could have written it like that on purpose. I'll never know. However, I do know that people judge you about how you say things or type things. He's a recruiter. If he says the wrong thing or typed the wrong thing...it could be the difference between him gaining and losing a client. 

It's "you're" not "your"...not "u're" not "ur" (which is annoying even when texting with friends).

I'm glad that I said something. I hope that he listened.

No comments: