Monday, February 25, 2019

just us...



We took this picture almost 7 years ago. It's funny how the time is flying by. This is one of my favorite pictures of us together.

She was a toddler then. Now she's a 2nd grader.

She couldn't really talk back then. Now, she talks almost as much as I do. And I love our conversations

Back then, she was learning to walk. Now she runs everywhere she goes.

She was a Daddy's girl back then. And she's still a Daddy's girl now.

When I look at this picture, I remember how those brown eyes would turn me into mush. Nowadays, it's the same...but worse. LOL. She's figured out that she runs our house. She runs me and her older brothers.

I'm the oldest. She's the youngest. So, I don't know what that feels like.

What I do know is that we have a very special bond. There is a special love that a father has for his daughter. And there's an even more special love that a daughter has for her father. We have that love. You can see it in this picture. I'm thankful for that.

No matter what happens each day, one of the best feelings is to see her face and that smile and hear her say "Hi Daddy!" You can't put a price tag on that.

I'm certain that puberty, boys, and other things will challenge us as time goes on. But we'll grow and adapt.

And we'll be just like we were in this picture...

just us

Skyler & Daddy

4 comments:

Kdsgirl said...

I love the two of you together. It's perfect.

12kyle said...

Thank you Kdsgirl for understanding the bond that Skyler and I have. And thanks for helping cultivate it each day.

Daij said...

Cute pic!

12kyle said...

Daij

Thanks! I appreciate it!