Tuesday, December 22, 2015

12kyle does Proust...




I came across this questionnaire from my homegirl, The Skinny Black Girl.  I decided to steal borrow it.

The Proust Questionnaire is a questionnaire about one’s personality. Its name and modern popularity as a form of interview is owed to the responses given by the French writer Marcel Proust.


1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Standing on a grass field and tossing a football with my sons. The simplistic aspect of playing catch with your sons is priceless. 

2. What is your greatest fear? My biggest fear is for something to happen to one of my kids. I would never want to see them hurt or in any danger. 

3. What is the trait you most deplore in y
ourself? I'm a perfectionist at times. I'm extremely hard on myself so I want things to be perfect when I know that most things CAN'T be perfect. It's the gift and the curse

4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Liars. I really can't stand to be around people who can't tell the truth

5. Which living person do you most admire?
My parents

6. What is your greatest extravagance?
None

7. What is your current state of mind?
Progressive. I'm always thinking ahead. Sometimes I'm so focused on what's ahead that I don't enjoy the moment

8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Beauty. They weren't lying when they said it was only skin deep. I know a lot of people who are beautiful on the outside but ugly on the inside.

9. On what occasion do you lie? Anytime I start a sentence with..."Back in my day..." Nah...just kidding. I don't lie

10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Those pesky little gray hairs. It seems like I will get rid of one of them and then 3 more will show up. *sigh*

11. Which living person do you most despise?
There's no one person that I despise. I don't put that much effort into people...especially ones that I don't like. 

12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
Loyalty is a character trait that must be present in a man. I can respect a man that is loyal to his fellow man. Men tend to bond based on levels of loyalty. 

13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
A woman with drive. There's nothing more sexier and impressive. Who wants a lazy woman? 

14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? "Are you kidding me??" -- I use this too much but it's only when I'm watching sports and trying NOT to cuss in front of the kids

15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My kids. They are my heartbeat

16. When and where were you happiest?
Freshman year in college. I don't think you could be THAT broke and have THAT much fun! They say that you learn more between birth and the age of 6 than you learn your life. Well, I think I learned more that year...being on my own and away from home...than I've learned at any other time in my life. 

17. Which talent would you most like to have?
I wish that I could play the piano. I'd be dope. What's cooler than a dude playing the piano? Nothing.

The entire questionnaire is thirty-five questions. I’ll post 18 – 35 later this week.

No comments: