Yeah, sitting in the staircase, holding back tears
Looking over mad years worth of photographs
Pictures of some places I ain't never going back
Some people I used to love, why I ain't show them that?
The skies was overcast, when I was sober last
My head is spinning, couldn't tell you if it's slow or fast
It's starting to get too clear, I got to go and grab
To y'all it's a shame but life is what we know it as
Waiting, navigating the plot, without plans
In the cards, it's hard to read as a clock with no hands
How your man's goin' get up and stop with no yams
All it take is one break, it could pop the program
Whether sinning or not, my back bending like I'm sendin' alot
I feel some brothers is beginning to plot
It might have been a close friend I forgot
Who started up and ain't remember to stop
I bet these niggaz going remember the shop
Black Thought of the Roots ( Clock With No Hands)
Sup y'all. Back on March 31st, I wrote about what I saw as the sistas plight and struggle within this dating game and the game called life. Many of you who responded with comments like..."what about what men do...what role do they play...12kyle, don't just blast women you have to talk about men, too." Well, that day has arrived. I'm not here to bash my bruthas. I'm in the same race that you are in. However...I have to call it like I see it. Hopefully, I won't step on any toes in the process. If I step on your toes...then say ouch!!!!
1. Be YOU!! We gotta stop tryna be somebody that we aren't. We can't all can't be a THUG. Women don't want a man who can't bring any sensibility to the table. Too many times we try soooo hard in being somebody else. Be you!
2. Take care of your kids. If you and the baby momma ain't together...do more than sending a check. You have to understand that you are Superman in your child's eyes. You can do no wrong in their eyes. Don't disappoint them. Be a ROLE MODEL
3. Stop talking about "she just wants me for my money" when you spent 20 mins driving up and down the street for everybody to see you in your 600 Benz. Then, you throw your Benz keys on the bar so that the chicks can see what kinda car that you're driving. C'mon, bruh
4. Take that shit (grillz) out of your mouth. There's nothing cool about that look if you're older than 25
5. Pull ya pants up. And if you see a young cat with his pants falling off his ass, then tell him to pull his pants up.
6. Be HONEST with women. If you don't want a relationship, then tell them that on DAY 1. If they proceed from there, then its on THEM and not some lie that you told.
7. Complement a woman in a non-sexual situation. Trust me...it'll go a long way.
8. There are a TON of educated women who are looking for YOU. Stop settling for these crazy chicken headz out there.
9. Find a woman who will challenge, motivate, and encourage YOU. You don't need a woman to tell you what you wanna here b/c we aren't always right. I know I'm not.
10. Be a LEADER...not a follower
11. Be man enough NOT to care if she makes more than you. Who cares about that?
12. Understand that sistas will do anything sexually that white women will do. All you have to do is ask.
13. How long do you intend to be a playa? I'm not saying that every man should run down the aisle to get married but you can't be a playa forever.You don't wanna be the "old dude in the club"
14. Don't be afraid of a COMMITMENT. Period
15. Understand that at SOME point in time, you must put your rap career on the back burner.
16. You must have a game plan for how you will handle a woman. I don't mean that you should run game on her. Even if you could. You should have a plan for what you want from a woman. More importantly, you should be able to eloquently present that to her.
17. Surround yourself with positive influences
18. Set goals for yourself, your family, and your woman
19. Be able to spot a good woman and keep her in your inner circle as a friend...even if she doesn't KNOW how good that you could be for her.
20. LOVE HARD. You'll never know love until you open your heart.