I don't watch a lotta tv. I don't watch as much as I used to. When I
turn the tv on, I'm usually looking for a game. If I can't find a good
game to watch, I'll try to find a good sitcom. Most of the sitcoms
that I watch are old ones that I grew up on. In my opinion, sitcom's
aren't what they used to be. TV is now being dominated by reality tv.
As a result, sitcoms have suffered. There are still some good sitcoms
out there but I couldn't name 5 sitcoms that are currently on tv. I
don't think they could stack up to those sitcoms in the past. If I had
to name a top five, it'd look like this...
5. The Cosby Show-great show that showed the upward mobility of a black family
4. The Jeffersons-a spinoff from All in The Family. Featured the
"movin on up" dry cleaner, George Jefferson and his wife, Weesy.
3. Good Times-this show was DY-NO-MIIIIITE!!!! Classic show about a
family struggling in the ghetto. Ain't we lucky we got em...Good
2. Martin-a sitcom from the early 90s about a radio dj and his
girfriend, Gina. Martin also played characters like Shenaynay, Rosco,
King Beef, Dragonfly Jones, and Jerome.
1. Sanford and Son-the story of a junk man and his son in LA. Redd
Foxx is hilarious. I never grow tired of this show. One of my favorite
episodes was when Fred and Lamont had to go to St. Louis to bury
Fred's uncle. Fred thought that his uncle left him a lotta money. Only
to find out that he left him nothing. And Fred goes off!!! LOL!
A Different World, Different Strokes, and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Give me your Top 5. Also, give me an example of a funny or your