Friday, May 13, 2011

Who We Be







Here I am. Here we are. You see us as we take our stand.

You look with amazement. But you don't know this man.

Fearless. Powerful. Destined for success.

You can step to me if you want but I don't take no mess.

Never bitter. I could never be mad. It's just not me

I am the man that some wish that they could be

We are far from the dudes that you see on the 6 o'clock news

Ask me and I blow you away with my political views.

You see my walk. You love the way we bop down the street

Put some music on and watch us vibe to the beat

The mind of Martin, Malcolm, and Barack

The fight and drive of Tupac

We have what the young kids now call swag

It's just confidence. Admire it. Don't hate...don't be mad

Lover of our queens and those who preceded us to pave the way

You can try to kill me and my brethren...but we're here to stay

We are fathers, husbands, brothers, friends...all of the above

Our women stand by us and adore us. They always show us love

I see you staring, watching every move...just like you're a fan

Who am I? Who are we? We are what you wanna be but can't be. The intelligent black man.

3 comments:

Bella said...

I like!

Tee Reese said...

I stand and salute with the '1968 Olympic' podium stance of Tommie Smith and John Carlos.

This piece truly define the mind I carry daily.

Great post!

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/summer-olympics-mexico-city.html

...they call me "L" said...

Work it out Kyle! Nice!