you've been reading this blog for a long time
you know me
maybe you do...maybe you don't
12 random things about 12kyle
1. I Can Speak Spanish - well...let me rephrase that...I understand Spanish when it's spoken slowly. I can speak it a little but I want to learn to speak it fluently
2. I Don't Sleep When I'm the Passenger in a Car or an Airplane - maybe it's a control thing but I will NOT go to sleep in a car or plane no matter how tired I am
3. I Don't Eat Watermelon - I am from the south and I am black and I hate watermelon. All jokes and stereotypes aside, I hate it. Don't come around me with it
4. I Have NEVER Seen the movie The Color Purple - Yes...I'm black. LOL. I've seen parts of it but just not all the way through. For the record, I've never seen Casino, The Godfather Trilogy, The Matrix Trilogy, sue me. I'll watch them...one day
5. I Can Sing - I can sing very well. I was in the chorus in elementary, middle, and high school. I was in the Honors Chorus while in high school for all four years. I made All-City chorus as well as All-State chorus. I can sing...but don't ask me to sing because I won't sing for you.
6. The One Place I've Always Wanted to Visit - the Soviet Union. This is on my bucket list. I've always been intrigued by this place. Not sure why
7. My First Love Wasn't a Girl - it was the pigskin
8. I'm Global but not Local - I watch the World News (NBC) every night but I almost never watch the local news. Not sure why I do this but I have very little in the local news
9. I Like to Lay and Eat - At least once a day I will have a meal on the floor. I like to lay flat on my stomach and eat food. I don't know if these practice is healthy for my digestive system but I've done it since high school. I do it but I won't let my kids do it.
10. Word Association - I have a tendency to associate words that I hear in conversation into prevalent rap lyrics. Most of the time it's mental but sometimes it comes out verbally. For example, one day when I was at work a co-worker said..."Hey Kyle, I have a question." And before she could ask the question, I recited the lyric from Eric B and Rakim's song "I Ain't No Joke"
"I gotta question. It's as serious as cancer. Who can keep the average dancer..."
11. I Hate Math - Ever since the 7th grade, math has been my enemy. Sometimes I wonder how I ended up in banking/mortgage industry as a career because of my hate for math. Luckily for me, at my job I just need to know how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. I can do that. Never understood why...
x + y = z
To me that's dumb
12. I Won't Shoot Again - When I was in the 10th grade, I fired a loaded gun...IN THE HOUSE!!! My cousin told me that the gun wasn't loaded when he handed it to me. He didn't tell me that there was a bullet in the chamber. Luckily, I didn't hurt him or myself or the rest of my family who were all asleep when it happened. I complicated matters by LYING to my mom about shooting the gun despite the gun smoke in the room and the hole in the wall. LOL. She wasn't buying it.