Monday, January 24, 2011

yellow rain


It's about to start raining...

Yellow rain...

The funny thing about the yellow rain is that nobody seems to be the least bit concerned.

I am MORE than concerned.


For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about. I'm speaking of the yellow rain that's about to fall from the sky. There is a set of billionaires and a set of millionaires who can't agree how to share millions of dollars. Listen to them. The billionaires will want you to believe that they are "losing" money. The millionaires will want you to believe that they are being "cheated" out of money. You could choose sides. Or you could act like you don't care.

As a fan of the NFL...I care.

As a fan of the NBA...I care.

If the NFL's owners (billionaires) and the NFL Players Association (millionaires) can't come to an agreement by March 4, the players will be "locked out". We, as NFL fans, could be looking at an abbreviated NFL season...or maybe no season at all next fall. Same for the NBA. The fact that both parties have met sparingly to hammer out their negotiations could spell doom. Guess who gets caught in the crossfire???

The fans.

Are fans supposed to feel sorry for millionaires and billionaires who can't agree on how to share millions of dollars? Gimme a break. The unemployment rate for "us fans" is at 10% in this country. We are slowly digging ourselves out of the worst recession since the Great Depression. We are the ones who will spend $200-$500 to go to a game on Sunday. We love the game. We live for Sundays. But don't get it twisted. We don't share your pain. We aren't millionaires or billionaires like you. We don't live in the financial world that you live in. So, please don't look for sympathy. Personally, I don't care how the labor agreement gets done. Just get it done. We don't wanna hear your sob story about how much money is lost. We don't care.

Don't piss on us and tell us that it's raining...

8 comments:

Dave Van Buren said...

I'm actually interested to see how many players can afford not to get a check. I'm sure plenty of them are living check to check even if that check is for 500k.

Kingsmomma said...

I agree Kyle and I also agree with Dave. I know some of those players will be pissed if things don't get settled.

This amuses me slightly.

12kyle said...

Great point, Dave. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens. The players should have been "stacking" their checks this year. Some dudes make a lotta money but they also SPEND a lotta money, too. Time will tell. Somebody is gonna go broke. And there's gonna be a few dudes who may have to get a "real" job.

12kyle said...

@ Kingsmomma
Personally, I think the NFL's deal will get done before the NBA will. Not only will the players be pissed but the fans will be even MORE pissed. I think the MINIMUM NFL Salary is like 250k. It's hard for us who work a 9 to 5 to feel sorry for somebody who makes that kinda money.

Tiffany said...

Damn what would I do without my NBA season. Hell even NFL season when I decide to watch.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Tee Reese said...

I look at this way, if they have a lockout. I can cancel my Time Warner for awhile.. that bill is kicking my butt just to have ESPN for the games.. Lmbo!

KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

It ticks me off to hear people who have billions and millions fight over money. Especially when people get paid millions to carry a ball down a field or put it through a hoop. You want the madness to stop? Stop paying $200-$500 on Sundays to see these spoiled brats play!!!!

I remember the last NBA lock out and how long it took for the NBA to recover because people were pissed off that they were arguing in the first place. If you make $2M a year to carry a damn ball what is your beef? You get paid more in a year than most people will see a lifetime to stay fit, 'work' for about 6 months out the year and do something you claim to 'love.'

As far as the owners...what gripe could they possibly have? If they were really fed up, I got a solution. Fire EVERYBODY and have open tryouts. I GAR-AN-DAMN-TEE-YA you will have enough people and talent show up that you can have an NFL and NBA season. Hell, you would even sell out the stands at discounted prices because the families would pay an arm & leg to see their cousin/brother/son/husband play in the NFL or NBA.

No Kobe or Vick? Just fine with me because there a lot of people that need to get a grip on reality.

She Draws said...

I agree all we want you to do is play some mf'n football. I don't even care if you're getting your wig split out there. Just entertain me. They make enough.

Sincerely,

Go