Tuesday, July 2, 2013

who loves you?

I'm don't watch Oprah's OWN network.

I'm not sure how long it's been on the air but I'm sure I've probably spent less than an hour watching it since it's been on tv.

That all changed the other day as I found myself watching Oprah interview 50 Cent. I'm not sure why I was compelled to watch it. Maybe because I wanted to hear what 50 had to say.

She was halfway through the interview and she asked 50 Cent..."Who loves you?"

50 smiled. Paused. He was almost stunned. He appeared as if he wasn't sure how he'd answer it. He didn't want to start naming people. Oprah interjected before he could respond "The list is a lot shorter than you think it is."

The question made me think about myself. Who loves me? Oh...I'm sure that a LOT of people love me. What's not to love? Seriously, I know that several people love me. But it's deeper than that. Do people really love you for who you are? Do they love you for what you do for them. Do they genuinely love you unconditionally?

So I ask you...

WHO LOVES YOU??? 

1 comment:

Queen of My Castle said...

This is a good question. I often ask the guys I date, half jokingly, "Who loves you, baby?" when they start venting to me about random things. Not because I love them, but because I really want to know who loves them because we all need that. I know my children love me, as well as my parents, my sister, and my nieces. Outside of that...I don't really know, but I do know a lot people will claim to love you solely for what you can provide.