Tuesday, August 28, 2012

call me


Technology has truly enhanced our ability to communicate with each other.

We are far removed from the days of riding around with quarters in our car so that we can stop at a pay phone to answer a page.


The invention of cell phones has been great.

But on the other hand...

Technology sucks!

What technology has done is it has made us very lazy when it comes to communicating with one another. Instead of doing the things that we know we are supposed to, we tend to take the easy way out.

For example, I know a guy who wanted to ask a chick out on a date. He asked me how he should approach her because we all worked together. I'll be the first to admit, it has been a long time since I've been single. But I haven't forgotten how to approach a woman. So I gave him a few ideas of what he should do and how he should do it.

You would think that he would heed the advice of an old veteran like me.

Wrong!

This fool asked her out on a date via text message!

Here's the kicker... He never even asked her for her phone number! He got her cell phone number from the company directory. That's about as lame as you can get. I'm sure the text message freaked her out because she was probably wondering how he got her number. She politely declined his invitation.





Here's the bottom line... we have to stop being lazy and using technology and do what we know we are SUPPOSED to do!  Pick up the phone and talk. And if you don't like talking on the phone, then you should do it face-to-face. This goes for women and men. I've heard women talk about texting the guy all day and never picking up the phone hear his voice.

Be smart...not lazy

5 comments:

Tee Reese said...

Amen! And amen!

Technology has made us beyond lazy. Its taken our attention away from those we are in the company of..

ShellyShell said...

You know I have stories for days! I met a dude a few weeks ago and he asked for my phone number. Then he said would you prefer for me to call or text you? I said call why? He said you'd be surprised how many women say I just want to text. Umm no!
If a man text me first. It's 99.9% not going ANYWHERE after that!

Charles (Illumistrations) said...

You are completely right about this...and I've been guilty about being lazy. But its definitely getting worse. Now text messages are starting to become old school in comparison to twitter DMs and facebook messages. Its definitely getting out of hand.

Mizrepresent said...

Yes, this. I'm an ole skool lady, and so i do remember being asked out on a date in person, and on the phone. I remember talking into the wee hours of the night, learning about one another. Now, most i get is tweets, texts and email...an believe me, it's not working. Not for me at least, not when it comes to dating.

Kudos to ShellyShell - If a man text me first. It's 99.9% not going ANYWHERE after that!

Hah!

♥ CG ♥ said...

Hate to say it, but I've become a fan of texting, especially when you need something immediately because I hate checking voicemail. People rarely leave a 'hey, how ya doin'?' voicemail, they always seem to be accompanied by a request...lol

Anywho, what you suggested was right. I think she might have given him a glimmer of hope if it wasn't so stalkerish...