Friday, May 18, 2012

the struggle




Trapped in the struggle between the head and the heart

First time in this place...and I'm not sure where to start

I've been overcome with feelings that continue to grow

I tried to hide them but now it's impossible for it not to show

The fellas told me that I would soon fall

Headed for a relationship where I'd have to give it my all

Am I ready to truly to be a one woman man?

I thought the objective was to get as many women as you can?

But she's different. Funny and mad cool. Very different from the others

Kind, warm, and gentle...my kinda lover

But I'm ready to take that next step to be her man?

To be involved with a woman who expects me to give her all that i can

I don't know if that's me. Is that what I'm supposed to be?

But I can't seem to shake the way she makes me feel. It's strange

Heart racing...sweaty palms...loss of breath. Maybe I'm going insane

I don't know why this choice is so tough for me

I'm changing inside and out. But it's something I can't see

No, I'm not ready

Me? Going steady?

It's tough because I don't want to give her the bad news

And her smile and friendship I don't want to lose

Maybe I should do it. It can't be that bad

It beats the hell out of walking around looking sad.

So what should I do?

Shit...I wish I knew...

2 comments:

Tee Reese said...

Dope read!

If it's me... I'm going steady! Never was a fan of getting as many women as I could.. so if I can, I will give it my all... the one who I'd gladly serve my heart on a dish. A love I'd cherish for a lifetime.

Yep,
I'm ready!


Lovin' it bruh! Great write!

Unknown said...

I appreciate your blogs,Thanks for sharing!
breitling replica
breitling replica watches