Very superstitious, writing's on the wall,
Very superstitious, ladders bout' to fall,
Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin' glass
Seven years of bad luck, the good things in your past.
When you believe in things that you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain't the way - Stevie Wonder
There's a reason why things happen.
Are we victims of circumstance?
As Stevie said...we SHOULD NOT believe in things that we don't understand. I do. But then I don't. Hell, I don't know. I am superstitious...to a degree. I believe in things. I believe in NOT doing some things. Sometimes these beliefs come from something that went RIGHT or WRONG at some point in time in my life. Is there any scientific proof that there is a link between these things? No. But here are a few of mine...
1. DON'T play a game without your left wrist being taped - I sprained my wrist in a football game vs Timmonsville when I was a junior in high school. I played my ENTIRE senior year with my left wrist being taped before every game despite the fact that there was nothing wrong with my wrist
2. When putting gas in your car, the final amount ALWAYS has to be divisible by 5 - I do this EVERY time that I put gas in my car. I started this when I was in college. Not sure why. But I can't put $32.37 in my car. It would be $32.50 or $32.80.
3. When I'm in a restaurant, ALWAYS sit facing the door - gotta see who's coming in and who's leaving
4. Baseball...NEVER step on the white lines because it's bad luck. (I heard this and never questioned it...LOL)
5. DON'T have sex when it's a full moon because you have a good chance of getting pregnant - I heard this when I was in college. I don't know if you could ever prove this. I will say that this superstition never stopped me but I was always mindful of it. At least...for a little while. LOL
6. NEVER answer the phone on the first ring - I could have the phone in my hand and I'll still let it ring twice.
7. NEVER listen to Mobb Deep in my car - the last time that I was listening to Mobb Deep in the car I hydroplaned on Interstate 85, crashed my car, and almost ended up in the south bound lanes despite the fact that I was headed north. Now, the crash probably had more to do with me driving 70mph when it was raining cats and dogs than it did Mobb Deep. I walked away without a scratch. But Mobb Deep gets "no play up in my ride!"
8. NEVER eat leftovers after 2 days because you'll get sick - I don't care if it's Thanksgiving turkey! You've got 2 days to eat it.
I have a few others but I'll stop here. I could care less about walking under a ladder or letting a black cat cross my path. LOL
Some people are superstitious
Ninety days of me!!
1 year ago