Tuesday, June 22, 2010

take it off...but keep it on


The summer of 2010 is here!

It's officially here!

Unless you live near the North Pole, it's probably hot where you live. And when it's hot, you have to dress accordingly. That means LESS clothing!

Less is more!

Or is it?

I'm perplexed by some of the clothing...or lacktherof that I see each day that is worn by women. There's nothing wrong with showing a little skin but some women really need to know where to draw the line.

I know that you wear what you wear to the draw the attention of men. That's obvious. I undertstand that perspective. However, you must also understand that the way you dress speaks volumes (non-verbally) about you. Does this give men the right to touch you or say inappropriate things to you? No! But you say a lot about yourself when you're scantly clad

The women's dress code has been passed on to the teenagers. I saw a girl the other day who had on a SHORT skirt and 5 inch heels! She was probably about 15 yrs old. What parent allows their child to dress like this? Are you kidding me? I don't have any daughters...but I do have nieces and I wouldn't allow this.

There's a difference between being sexy and slutty. You do the math.

Ladies, when you take it off...make sure that you leave something on.

9 comments:

KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

I was thinking the same thing when I was stuck at the DMV for hours the other day. This girl (no more than 13) had on shorts that barely covered her cheeks and was with her mother.

I sat there wondering how her mother could 1) buy those for her since she doesn't work and 2) let her come out the house looking like that.

Funny gow it goes across the board with race. Everyone is letting it 'all hang out' and it ain't pretty!

theINTELLECT said...

As a female who developed way before anyone else in school, I always tried to dress my age and not show off to much. But now you can't even go into Forever21 and buy a skirt because it is too short and skimpy.

I don't think its any better when you turn on the television and Hannah Montanna is humping a pole or girls are trying to dress like a bunch of sisters who are only famous for dating celebrities and sex tapes. I pray when I decide to have kids I have boys, I don't know how my mother and father raised me and my sister to be normal with all that's going on today.

Reina said...

I agree. I don't understand how these women are even comfortable being next to nude. I believe in being sex, but on the conservative side of it. What I wear for my guy at her home is not what I wear outside.

Anonymous said...

Loving the post Kyle. I swear once the sun comes out, chicks lose their minds. I don't need to see all your "assets" on show. And I don't need my 3yr old asking me "Why is that woman naked?" Trust me she will ask and loudly too.

And don't get me started on the young girls. I swear if Mehalia ever tried that ish on me....

Kingsmomma said...

I agree with you on everything escept that women dress for men part.

BUt yes that's the ONE thing I detest about summer. The non clothes season and it makes it that much worse when someone who aint got no kinda business wearing some of these clothes parades down the street letting it all hang out. One can dress classy and still be weather appropriate.

swtstiletto said...

I totally agree with your post. I have a teenager girl at home and I tell her and her girlfriends (who will listen) that sexiness has more to do with how you exude confidence and demand respect without even speaking than it has to do with wearing clothing that exposes your private anatomy. Some women haven't matured enough to understand that and it's unfortunate for them.

Do I show a little cleavage and legs at the appropriate time (dinner with hubby, girls night out on the town)?...absolutely! However, it's always very tasteful and I know where to draw the line.

I won't even get started with the parents who allow their daughters to dress too sexy too early...that's a-whole-nother issue to tackle.

Keith said...

Man they sent this temp home from here yesterday..She has a tattoo of an erect penis squirting sperm
right between her breasts....She can't wear anything lowcut or even an open blouse because it's right there for everybody to see...On her shoulder blade she has a naked
woman bending completely over...She had the nerve to tell another temp..."They trippin over my tats.

E.M.H. said...

Momma always said leave something to the imagination. Clearly other ppl didn't get the memo . . . less is not better nor more attractive. Sexy is more than just showing skins . . . it's in how one carries herself, in how she handles business, how she treats her freinds and family ........UGH these young girls erk me especially. They think they know and they have no idea

...they call me "L" said...

Man, Kyle, I swear I wish I could gather up every last one of the young ladies on the campus where I work and whip their little ho-ish lookin' behinds into shape. You can look sexy as hell without showing everything off! Drives me nuts...