Wednesday, December 26, 2018

what's on the box...Insecure Season 3



YEAR IN REVIEW (2018) - TV


I remember seeing a trailer for Insecure in the summer of 2016.

For some reason, the woman in the trailer, Issa Rae, stood out to me.

I didn't know who she was. I saw that she had a big, pretty smile. And she appeared to be somewhat goofy. That's all that I saw. At the end of the trailer, it said that the show would premiere in October. I made a mental note that the show would be coming on.

When the first episode came on, I watched it. And I was HOOKED. I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did. But I liked it a lot. I had no idea that Issa had done an acclaimed web series called Awkward Black Girl prior to Insecure. I didn't know about her or this show but I was hooked from the first episode.

The show is about a 30 yr old black woman living in Los Angeles and how she deals with life and her close friends. It's not like I know much about the trials and tribulations of 30 yr old black women. LOL. However, the more that I watched Insecure the more that I saw traits in people that I know. I even saw some things that indirectly happened in my life. To say that I was a fan was an understatement.

This past fall, Insecure was back for Season 3. I think the season was incredible. So many plots...twists and turns. I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it. Season 3 is only 8 episodes and each episode is only 30 minutes long. You can actually watch it online.

For someone who doesn't watch a lot of tv that isn't sports related, Insecure was DEFINITELY on the box. It was one of the best things that I saw on tv in 2018.

1 comment:

Tee Reese said...

Issa stood out to me because I know someone from Cali that she reminds me of. And I couldn't watch one episode without linking to the two.

It was on my 'Must See TV' menu.