Thursday, November 20, 2014

who's the BEST hip hop group ever???


Group- any collection or assemblage of persons or things

That is the definition of a group...according to the dictionary.

As we celebrate hip hop week, I am reminded that we've seen our share of great groups. I have always had a great deal of respect for hip hop duos/groups. They have helped mold and shape the hip hop culture. You gotta respect them even more. I imagine that it's hard to stand out as an MC when you're in a group. Sometimes your skills can be overlooked when you're in a group.

Over the years, we've seen some great groups...


THE ROOTS


SALT N PEPA


RUN DMC


EPMD




NWA


OUTKAST




WU TANG CLAN


DE LA SOUL




A TRIBE CALLED QUEST


Just to name a few!

But if I had to pick ONE group as the best of all time...I'd say...

PUBLIC ENEMY


And that's hard to say because the groups that I just mentioned are great groups. But when I measure their impact on the culture, lyrics, and album content. I gotta say PE.

What about you?

Who is the best hip hop group of all time?

*repost from Dec '09*


No comments: