Monday, April 14, 2014

muzikmonday




The other day I was going through some old blog posts from a few years ago. I stumbled across a blog called "Muzik Monday". It was a post of videos/songs that I liked or was playing at the time. As I listened to the songs, I thought to myself..."I kinda miss this dude."

So...I decided to bring it back.

I think with the old posts I listened to a lot of hip hop so that's what I posted most of the times. Now, I'll do it randomly based on any music that I come across. I still listen to a lot of hip hop but that's not all that I listen to. The MuzikMonday songs are just some songs that stood out to me that I heard over the past few days while listening to Pandora.

Lose Myself by Marsha Ambrosius

I'm a fan of Marsha's. This song was originally done by Lauryn Hill. I'm a HUGE fan of LBoogie. Very deep song. Listen to the words. (ps...come back Lauryn. lol)





My Favorite Thing - Ron Isley (Ft. Kem)

Good to see Mr. Biggs back on the scene. Very cool song. I like it!





We Belong Together - Mariah Carey


Me and Mariah...go back like babies and pacifiers. hahahah. I've never been a big fan of Mariah's but this album was sick. I always loved this joint from her. Very melodic. Very deep and meaningful song.




All I Do - Stevie Wonder


This is a classic. I remember my when my parents had this album (Hotter Than July). They would play this all the time. This is one of my favorite songs from the album




I Ain't No Joke - Eric B. & Rakim

Hip hop will always been on my playlist. And this was my theme song when I was a young kid. LOL. You can't go wrong with the greatest MC of all time...Rakim


No comments: