Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Atlanta 21



I moved here 21 years ago today. Me and my boy, JFresh. 2 kids with a dollar and a dream.

It really doesn’t feel like it’s been THAT long. But it has been. Although JFresh would later move to LA where he still lives, I stayed here.

I’d be lying if I said that I never entertained the idea of leaving Atlanta. I did. The city has changed so much over the past 21 years. Both good and bad. Who knew that the kid would settle down, get married, have kids, and build a career here in Atlanta?

Yeah, I thought about leaving. But I’ve lived here longer than I have anywhere else in my life. The thoughts of leaving were always pushed away after a drive down Peachtree St as the sun settles and the breeze whips through my car. To be honest, this is home. It’s been 21 years and it still FEELS like home.

And that’s hard to replace.

2 comments:

Tee Reese said...

✊🏾 I definitely can relate.. Only lived in two cities my entire life.. Born and raised in Orlando Florida.. went to college at NC State where I still reside. 😳😳😳 But I refuse to call it home.. LOL. Orlando is home sweet home. Just don't wanna let that go! Ha ha

Queen of My Castle said...

Yeah, that view would do it for me, too. It's beautiful.