Monday, May 21, 2018

off tha dome...



random thoughts

after all these years...I JUST realized that was Charlie Wilson at the end of Computer Love. Lmao! Don’t ask me how.

why does Facebook notify you when someone makes a comment on a post or picture behind your comment? we don’t need to know what they have to say

spring is here...I think

if you are a man over the age of 20 and you rock short sleeved dress shirts...I’m judging you

folks do weird things for "clicks" and attention these days...

Snoop made a gospel album and it’s the number 1 gospel album in the country. Let that marinate for a second

gas prices have jumped up for no reason. did I miss an oil spill or a hostile takeover in the Middle East?

I really miss the Obamas

the show that Beyoncé had at Cochella that was blackity black. I ain’t mad at that

I don’t drink Starbucks so it’s easy for me to "boycott" them

Facebook has already shared your information...and there is not much that we can do about it

I’ll give it to the NFL...they’ve made it an event...just by releasing the schedule

as a kid...your biggest worry was getting soap in your eyes

one of my favorite channels...National Geographic

while his tweets and commentary made me shake my head...I’m still perplexed why people care what Kanye thinks. I stopped caring a looooong time ago

you can't put Ketchup in the refrigerator

i graduated from high school in 1991. there was not ONE day that i walked the halls of my school where i didn't feel safe. these school shootings are tragic and mind boggling. sadly, nobody is doing anything about them. everybody wants to just talk. smh

i'm not a fan of cardi b. i understand the appeal and why people like her. but i'm cool on her. she doesn't make music for me...






never put sugar on grits

have you ever noticed that we you say you don't like a particular artist, people will try to convince you why you SHOULD like them

thanks for reading this. i thought you had forgotten about me. but you haven't

"You had better be in this house before the street lights come on."
- your momma & my momma

i'm soooooo far behind on my favorite tv shows like blackish and The Blacklist. i'll catch up as soon as the nba season ends

nia long is so dope. i love her. she did a great job in the Roxanne Shante documentary

can we get a new Foreign Exchange album this year?

nia was about the only thing that i liked in that documentary. it was pretty bad. smh

Wakanda Forever

never put fish in the work microwave

Deion's first year of college is in the books. the kid made the Dean's list. i'm extremely proud of him

sorry...i don't care about the Royal Wedding

Deion was surprised to learn that his "scholarly" father didn't make the Dean's list in college. LOL

where would the D.O.C be if he never got into that accident






this year is going by fast

at the end of the day...how hard is it to hold the tomatoes and onions? apparently for Wendy’s...it’s very hard

I really don’t like driving near motorcycles on the highway

bomani jones & pablo torre have a new show (High Noon) that will debut on espn on june 4. looking forward to that

hip hop forever

remember when i told you that we...as a people...will get it right? i still believe that.

much love to the folks who listen to The 12kyle Podcast each week. most of you are nameless and faceless people with whom i don't communicate with but you are there every week. and you don't have to be. i really appreciate it

there are times when i say something to my kids and then i say to myself... "Damn, man. You sound just like Mom & Dad!!!"

imagine a world in which your favorite singer or rapper drops an album and you MUST purchase within the first few days of it's release so that you would have it. if not, the record store would be sold out of it and you'd have to wait

can we put the LeBron James vs Michael Jordan comparisons to rest?

somebody should make Kanye great again

speaking of rappers, has there been a rapper with a better "re-invention" of a career than Snoop?

i know...i know...i'm gonna do more of these Tee Reese! hahaha!

the older that you get...the more that you say "I don't care"

misspelled words and bad grammar on social media (especially Spacebook) annoys me. it really annoys me if we went to high school together. i read some posts and wonder how/why the subjects and verbs don't agree

this is the microwave era

why doesn't stuff sit with us the way that it used to? i mean...something bad will happen and people will be mad as hell...FOR TWO DAYS. and then everybody moves on

when Public Enemy talked about a woman "watching channel zero" back in '88...i think they meant VH-1 those reality shows

Kameron asked me to listen to a song from somebody named Lil Baby. I said "Why would I EVER want to hear somebody named Lil Baby..."

i've been contemplating about cutting my beard off. not sure if i'll keep it

"I hear thunder. I just saw lightning outside. Unplug everything. Go sit in a corner, be quiet and read a book." - my momma & your momma or grandmomma

not sure why we had to be quiet. it's not like the lightning is bothered by you talking...

i've always loved growing up and living in the south.

Brandon went to Disney World with his 5th grade class last week. It was his second trip there in the last 5 months. he didn't bring me a souvenir. but he did send me this picture. thanks son...lol



1 comment:

Tee Reese said...

Ha ha!

I couldn't wait to read, nod my head and get my laugh on. A lot of truth in them words you share. Not sure if last comment will disqualify my appreciation for 'off tha dome' lol

Once again, never a let down! Yes yes! Preciate the S/O. I'm always hitting you up with it's just been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Keep 'em coming!