Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 Year in Review (pictures)



The Year in review (in pictures)

January

We brought in the new year in my hometown...Florence, SC to spend some time with my parents and then stopped to see my brother, Damon.





Me, Deion, and Kameron went to the Georgia Dome and got a chance to see the Falcons beat the Seahawks on their way to the Super Bowl


February

My uncle, Harry Carson, was recognized at the Super Bowl. This was a very proud moment for me and my family.



Skyler and I hit the Daughter/Father dance


My grandma, Opal, passed away in January. While I was sad to see her leave us, she was here for 95 years. We'd all be pretty lucky if we are around that long. One of the beautiful things about her leaving us was getting a chance to see my family...some of whom I had not seen since I was a kid. And some who I had only heard about. It was a truly a blessing.

March


Sherice got a year older...lol



Deion hit the prom with his girlfriend



April

Deion's cotillion was dope



Brandon, Skyler and Kameron enjoyed visiting my mom

Time flies...

May

Deion graduated from high school and made us extremely proud



June

I found some of my old videotapes and found one with Deion (age 4) and Kameron (almost 1). Seeing these tapes brought a smile to my face and great memories. I think somebody snuck some onions in the room at some point...

I found this picture of both my grandmothers. My maternal grandmother, Gladys (left), and my paternal grandmother, Opal (right). This is the only picture that I have of them together. Gladys passed away when I was 6. These were two of the sweetest women in the world. I hope I've made them proud. And yes...the lil guy in the picture is me.

July

The family vacation in Hilton Head



By the end of July, this little dude was off to college. Where did the time go? One minute he was on my shoulders...the next minute he's in college. I couldn't have been prouder.

August

The duo celebrated their birthdays on consecutive days. Kameron turned 15 on August 8th and Deion turned 18 on August 9th



Me at the Braves game with my office. It had to be 150,000 degrees that day.

September


Me, Brandon, and Kameron toured The Benz, the new billion dollar stadium for the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United



Sherice and I celebrated 17 years of marriage

Princess Skyler turned 6

October

We got a chance to see Deion and his band play several times. That was a thrill for all of us


November

The kid was home from college for a week for Thanksgiving. We enjoyed having him here...even though we didn't see him that much. lol

Thanksgiving lunch with Skyler

December

We had 3 inches of snow on December 9th. I don't think I've ever seen it snow in December in the 20 years that I've been living in Atlanta


More importantly...on December 9th...this guy turned 45

Brandon turned 11 on December 10th and became the coolest 11 year old on the planet.





2017 was a great year. There were ups and downs. Ultimately, it was a great year for us all because we all got to see it. May 2018 be a year filled with blessings and prosperity for you and yours







5000












1 comment:

SimplyB said...

What an awesome year in review! I hope you all have more fun things planned for 2018!