Tuesday, November 22, 2011
what's on the box?
I'm a big NBA fan.
And as many of you know, the NBA season is in jeopardy.
So...with no NBA to keep me occupied when there's no football on, I have to find other things on TV when there's no football on. I've realized that despite the fact that DirecTV provides me 800 channels, I only watch 10 channels. I have a few options with my TV programming...
1. Watch reality TV - I could catch up with those lovely "women" from the Atlanta Housewives. You know...see who NeNe is cussin' out or see who's sleeping with who. Maybe I could watch the Basketball Wives? If I did, maybe I'd figure out why Doug Christie married that psycho 17 times? Who gets married 17 times? Or maybe I could check out the hip hop wives show...where they are called wives but are really baby mommas. Seriously...I've never spent a minute watching any of this stuff. I only know of it through conversations at work and Twitter. I will...shamefully admit to watching Flavor of Love (season 1) & the Salt N Pepa Show (loved that joint)...but that's it
2. Watch movies I've never seen before - hmmm...where should I start...Casino, any of the Mission Impossible movies, Ironman, the Matrix Trilogy. Or maybe The Color Purple, Pulp Fiction, The Godfather, (Soul Plane <---definitely won't be watching that). As you can see, there's quite a few that I haven't seen so I've got some catching up to do.
3. Break out the XBox 360 - Who wanna see me in Madden??? It's been a minute since I've played my 360. It's been about 3 yrs. But I know...I mean I think...I'm still nice on the sticks
4. Watch CSPAN - you can NEVER get enough of CSPN
5. Watch Animal Planet - it's always fun to see a tiger bring down a zebra in the jungle
Who am I kidding? Pass me the remote so that I can find Martin, Good Times, and Sanford & Son