Monday, April 30, 2012
This will be the first and the last time that I address this personal issue...
But it is official...
We are gettin a divorce!
Am I mad? No. It's been a great run. We've had some great times. We've been together for years. I cannot...and will not say anything bad about her. We've spent countless hours together. And you just can't put a price tag on that.
To say that she meant a lot to me is an understatement.
If you ask ANY of my friends, they'll tell you that we were inseparable.
Remember when she held it down on the trip back from Destin, Florida?
Or remember how she hooked everything up at the WHS Homecoming a few years ago?
You'll never hear me bash her. I didn't want it to end. But don't all good things come to an end? Well...that's what they say. It's funny...I starting writing this blogpost about a month ago but I didn't think I'd ever publish it. Didn't think we'd go our separate ways. Some people would say bad things about her because they didn't want to see us together. But I wouldn't listen to them. Never thought we'd be HERE!
But we are...and it's sad. It wasn't 'sposed to end like this. So...where did we go wrong? When did we drift apart? I'm not even sure
Maybe it was the days when she would "reset" for no reason?
Maybe it was the days when I kept getting that "hourglass"? And that led me to having to do a battery pull
Maybe it was when she couldn't hold a charge? Then last Wednesday...I would "open" her up and the screen just went black. Well...that was the final straw. I had to divorce her that day!
I miss the BBMs and the emails and all of the great times. But I always said we'd be together until she could no longer do the stuff that I needed for her to do. And that day came last Wednesday.
And while I have moved on to the biggest TEAM in the world...I know that I could have never become the social media mogul without you.
Love you, BlackBerry
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Tune in tonight at 9pm EST and listen to the host 12kyle as he entertains and informs you.
TOPIC - WOMEN vs MEN (We're Alike but Different)
co-hosted by ShellyShell
Tune in as we discuss the many SIMILARITIES and DIFFERENCES between women & men.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
so...I heard the Secret Service knows how to party! drinks and hookers...can't beat that
somebody should have told them that you can't go to another country and bug out
anybody seen Herman Cain lately?
trips to New York AND LA are on deck for this summer!
the older you get...the smarter your parents sounded.
if you're not watching Scandal on ABC on Thursday night's...you're missing out
some dudes gossip more than women
Bobby Petrino said his downfall (loss of job, 3 mil salary, and destruction of his marriage) started with a kiss to his mistress. DUHHHH.
my days on blackberry are numbered :(
fellas...it's ok to go to the spa and get a massage. manicures and pedicures...not ok.
ladies...just because a guy speaks to you doesn't mean he wants to holla at you
i took this picture at a gas station in my hometown, Florence, SC. i'm not sure WHO would return cigarettes and beer. are they used?
NBA playoffs are right around the corner. can't wait
one day we'll find out the truth...bottled water is REALLY tap water
it was 55 degrees today (Monday) but will be 85 degrees (Thursday) in Atlanta.
why was Mary J Blige singing for food in that Burger King commercial?
fellas...you should never be in the car with another dude and be blasting ANY slow music
ladies...it is NEVER acceptable to leave the house with a head scarf on. NEVER...
why was the dutchie passed on "the left hand side?"
and why were kids singing about passing the dutchie?
the four gray hairs on my mustache have doubled!! arrrgh
remember when MTV played videos?? I do
fellas...no more shades on in the club
ladies...if you're gonna wear opened toed shoes...your toes shouldn't touch the ground
do you have iTunes? if so, download, subscribe, and enjoy 12 Radio on iTunes. (search BTR 12kyle)
why do some people on Facebook talk in all CAPS?
speaking of social media...have you noticed how some people are on Facebook and Twitter. I've seen how some are very "tame" on Facebook but on Twitter...they are TOTALLY different and unfiltered. Well, there's a reason for that. On Facebook, you're "friends" with people who actually know you. On Twitter, you're "followed" by most people who don't know you. Some people can get on Twitter and say whatever they want but wouldn't dare say it on Facebook. Why...because they know people would call them on their bullshit. Be who you are...at all times.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Tune in tonight at 9pm and listen to the host 12kyle as he entertains and informs you.
TOPIC - HIP HOP 201 with the brothers from Dead End Hip Hop.com (Ken, Rod, Myke, B, and Feefo). Tune in as we talk about hip hop.
Dead End is a media company focused on providing coverage of hip-hop and conversations surrounding the culture. With over 8500 subscribers amassed in a little over a year, DEHH is growing at a phenomenal rate all while building a community of hip hop thinkers and activists.
Dead End Hip Hop Conversations is a weekly YouTube show that explores and discusses today’s hip-hop presence and its future – raw and uncut. New episodes are released every Wednesday
Don't miss it!!
Friday, April 13, 2012
"If you spare the rod, then you'll spoil the child."- Anonymous
This was an old saying that I heard when I was growing up.
There were no spared rods when ole 12kyle was a youngster. I got my share of spankings. But at a certain age (which I can't remember), the spankings stopped. I was having a conversation with my boys today. And one asked "when should he STOP spanking his child?" Apparently, the kid is at the age where spankings should no longer occur.
I think this varies from child to child. I spank my sons. My oldest son will be 13 in August. I don't spank him as much as I used to because he's getting too old. When he gets 13, it'll probably stop. My daughter WON'T be spanked by me simply because I don't want her to ever think it's ok for a man to hit her. My sons...on the other hand...get it and they know Daddy will swing the belt.
Here's my question to you...
1. How old were you when you STOPPED getting spankings?
2. At what age should you stop spanking your kid(s)?
Thursday, April 12, 2012
14 foreplay and sex tips...
dudes and dudettes...let me know if this works
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Check out the 12 RADIO SHOW
Tune in tonight at 9pm and listen to the host 12kyle as he entertains and informs you.
TOPIC - HIGH SCHOOL MEMORIES
co-hosted by SHELLYSHELL.
Tune in as we take a trip down memory lane. If you want to laugh and reminisce, you DON'T want to miss this show
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
At the age of 18, I had the world figured out!
I knew it all
Or at least I thought I did.
I listened to my parents and did not stray far from their teachings. But in my mind...I was GROWN. It was time for me to live the life that I wanted to live. I was in college and I was ready to take the world by storm.
A funny thing happened between 18 and 22...I experienced life. I grew up even more than before. I still thought that I knew it all.
By 30, I had truly experienced so many things that I was in position to REALLY know it all.
As I slide toward my 40th birthday in December, I realize what I should have learned as a teen...what I should have learned at 18...I don't know it all. Life's experiences help mold us into who we are. Through those experiences we gain wisdom. I'm sure you thought you knew it all at one point in time. Just be glad that you got a chance to live long enough to learn more.
Monday, April 9, 2012
you've been reading this blog for a long time
you know me
maybe you do...maybe you don't
12 random things about 12kyle
1. I Can Speak Spanish - well...let me rephrase that...I understand Spanish when it's spoken slowly. I can speak it a little but I want to learn to speak it fluently
2. I Don't Sleep When I'm the Passenger in a Car or an Airplane - maybe it's a control thing but I will NOT go to sleep in a car or plane no matter how tired I am
3. I Don't Eat Watermelon - I am from the south and I am black and I hate watermelon. All jokes and stereotypes aside, I hate it. Don't come around me with it
4. I Have NEVER Seen the movie The Color Purple - Yes...I'm black. LOL. I've seen parts of it but just not all the way through. For the record, I've never seen Casino, The Godfather Trilogy, The Matrix Trilogy, sue me. I'll watch them...one day
5. I Can Sing - I can sing very well. I was in the chorus in elementary, middle, and high school. I was in the Honors Chorus while in high school for all four years. I made All-City chorus as well as All-State chorus. I can sing...but don't ask me to sing because I won't sing for you.
6. The One Place I've Always Wanted to Visit - the Soviet Union. This is on my bucket list. I've always been intrigued by this place. Not sure why
7. My First Love Wasn't a Girl - it was the pigskin
8. I'm Global but not Local - I watch the World News (NBC) every night but I almost never watch the local news. Not sure why I do this but I have very little in the local news
9. I Like to Lay and Eat - At least once a day I will have a meal on the floor. I like to lay flat on my stomach and eat food. I don't know if these practice is healthy for my digestive system but I've done it since high school. I do it but I won't let my kids do it.
10. Word Association - I have a tendency to associate words that I hear in conversation into prevalent rap lyrics. Most of the time it's mental but sometimes it comes out verbally. For example, one day when I was at work a co-worker said..."Hey Kyle, I have a question." And before she could ask the question, I recited the lyric from Eric B and Rakim's song "I Ain't No Joke"
"I gotta question. It's as serious as cancer. Who can keep the average dancer..."
11. I Hate Math - Ever since the 7th grade, math has been my enemy. Sometimes I wonder how I ended up in banking/mortgage industry as a career because of my hate for math. Luckily for me, at my job I just need to know how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. I can do that. Never understood why...
x + y = z
To me that's dumb
12. I Won't Shoot Again - When I was in the 10th grade, I fired a loaded gun...IN THE HOUSE!!! My cousin told me that the gun wasn't loaded when he handed it to me. He didn't tell me that there was a bullet in the chamber. Luckily, I didn't hurt him or myself or the rest of my family who were all asleep when it happened. I complicated matters by LYING to my mom about shooting the gun despite the gun smoke in the room and the hole in the wall. LOL. She wasn't buying it.