Tune in to 12 RADIO tonight at 9PM EST.
12 RADIO is the BEST and most interactive show on BlogTalkRadio.
TOPIC- BACK n the DAY...(Pop culture from the 80s & 90s)
co-hosted by Eclectik
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Madden 2012 drops today. I haven't played Madden in like 3 or 4 yrs
good to see that folks survived Hurricane Irene. unfortunately, she won't be the last hurricane that the east coast will see this year
my girlfriend's back and your gonna be in trouble...hey laaaaah...hey laaaaaah...my girlfriend's back
the DVR is the best thing since sliced bread
Dubya gave a 2hr exclusive interview about his memories of 9/11. 2 hrs? He probably only rememberd 30 mins and his ole lady told him the rest
remember the little gray hair on my mustache that i told you about a few months ago? well, he has returned and he brought 3 friends with him
i hope that she got paid to do this...
congrats to Beyonce and Jay Z on being pregnant. i'm happy for them. but their pending parenthood ain't news. jay z knocked up his wife...that's what he's supposed to do!
speaking of couples, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith dodged rumors that they were splitting up. i heard someone say they "epitomize black love". if you believe that, then i have some ocean front property that i'd like to sell you in Las Vegas
an earthquake and a hurricane in ONE week.
you can run from a hurricane and a tornado but when the earth moves, where you gonna go?
gimme five on the black hand side
i hate having to watch 25 seconds of a 30 second commercial to find out what the commercial is about
so they raided Gadhafi's compound and they found a photo album of pictures...pictures of...Condoleezza Rice! *blank stare*
No movie stars. No porn stars...but Condi Rice??? *another blank stare*
the summer is almost over and i didn't get my tattoo. *sigh*
anybody want a ghetto burger?
Ladies...i think you fear rejection from us just as much as we fear it from you. it's ok
Fellas...just because you make eye contact and she speaks doesn't mean she wants to be your woman
do people REALLY watch shows like the world series of poker?
if you're not listening to 12Radio on Wed night's at 9, then you're really missing out
follow me on twitter @12kyle
i used to think that a football locker room is the stinkest place on earth. it's not. it's the woman's bathroom at my old job!
i'm trying to take it to the next level. you need to come with me
wonder what would happen if kids took an apple to school for their teacher?
never leave home without it!
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
We'll cover topics like...
1. What was the worst date that you've ever had?
2. Have you ever had a "rebound date" to help you get over someone?
3. What are your dating turnoffs?
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Were we meant to be in one relationship?
Were we meant to date EVERYBODY and never commit?
Funny how these things come to my head. I heard this being discussed on talk radio the other day. I caught the end of it but what I heard made me think. I remember discussions that I've had with male and female friends. The perspectives from the males were vastly different from the females. Personally, I think there is SOMEBODY out there for everybody. Actually, there is more than one person for everybody. But does everybody want a girlfriend/wife or boyfriend/husband? I don't think so. As a man, we experience the ultimate journey. We go from being pimple faced teens who try to get as many girls as we can. Then, there's the girl that comes along who wants you all to herself. That transformation is a funny thing to see from a distance. The dude who used to run with the crew all the time gets transformed to a dude who is under his girlfriend all the time. And things change even more once we go from teens to men. Women have the same journey but I think they are more inclined to be in relationships and committed to one dude before men do.
I reached out to my partner in crime, JFresh, to get his perspective on it. J's a single dude with no kids and no serious relationship (*wink, wink). LOL. He offered this perspective...
Separate from all of our social conditioning is the base of our nature, desire. Desire doesn't necessarily have to refer to sexual desire, but the most primary desire to survive and satisfy cravings. Babies do this so effortlessly and we think it's cute. Babies eat, shit, sleep and cry when they don't any of those things exactly when they want it. Babies also masturbate when they want. These desires don't mature into social rules, rather we tend to curb these desires based on our training, upbringing. There is a never ending conflict between nature and nurture.
Being with ONE person is something existing between both nature and nurture. If you meet a person that makes you feel good, whether sexually or psychology caters to you, you want those feelings to continue, and logically so, you want to harness that source, own it. In my opinion, derived from studies, this is the birth of 'marriage', man's desire to own that which he likes. Still, this does not mean there is only one fruit that pleases our taste buds. It's not just man, but women have the same desires, hence, women are susceptible to the same weaknesses as a man. However, our societal construct has placed women in a position where they are the ones who have to behave in such manners as a "princess".
Now, as we know, no opinion or research findings are complete, but it would very difficult to argue that our true nature isn't to be free and satisfy our desires at will. Being with ONE person isn't being free, it's restricting and would imply that humans do not change. Heck, we barely want to eat the same foods everyday, but there is no turmoil concerning food because we can go to the grocery store and get what we want when we want it. A mate on the other hand can roam and hence becomes scarce, creating a demand which we then tend to pursue ownership of.
I could go on and on, and maybe I will expand on this further a little later. I came to this conclusion, or rather, understanding after reading several ideas from philosophy and psychology. I use to have similar discussions with my Human Sexuality professor in college and he agreed with my deductions, rather, he probably already had the same understanding.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Tune in to 12 RADIO tonight at 9PM EST. 12 RADIO is the BEST and most interactive show on BlogTalkRadio.
TOPIC- HIP HOP 103 co hosted by CRecks and Eclectik
Hip hop heads don't wanna miss this!!! We'll be discussing topics like...
1. When did you fall in love with hip hop?
2. Do you think the current rap generation has respect for the older
hip hop generation?
3. What emcee/rapper that ‘fell off’ would you love to see come back
out right now with a new album?
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
The following post was written by my lil sis...Ms.Minnie. Like me, she has a love for hip hop...
My Dearest Hip Hop,
I met you june 1996, I was eight years old and I never knew that I would know what love was at such a young age. You taught me valuable lessons, and sent vibrations through my soul with bass, treble, and scratches from a turntable. Our relationship spans years, and I just wanted to let you know how I feel.
Our first liaison began when you introduced me to one of your sons, his name was Nasir Jones or Nas for short. He was soo fine, caesar haircut, gold chains, timbaland boots, and a chipped toothed smile. one day sitting on a bench infront of my project building, he whispered so softly in my ear “the world is yours”. That relationship is still going strong, but I feel that you two may have had alittle spat since he once claimed “hip hip is dead”.
After meeting Nas, I became intrigued with your ancestors and fore fathers. So I dug in my uncle’s dusty crates and that’s when I met some of my closest friends and teachers of life’s lessons. I thank you for introducing me to Public Enemy, De La Soul, Rakim, EPMD, Slick Rick (who always kept my attention with his amazing stories), Big Daddy Kane, The Pharcyde, Queen Latifah, MC LYTE, and the list goes on. Those were the people who you bought to the world, and to me that taught me how to be proud of who I am, or that I should conduct myself as queen, bring “U.N.I.T.Y.” to my community and family.
Our relationship began to change though. I lost all hope in us until you introduced me to your niece and nephews Lauryn, Pras, and Wyclef. I think they were called the fugees at the time. They had me singing melodies like “fu-gee-la” in my bedroom whether I was “ready or not”. Until this day they’re still “killing me softly”. I got closer to Lauryn though. She claimed to be mis-educated, but she was the smartest, deepest woman I could have ever met. She once told me “nothing even matters” and you know what IT DOESN’T.
Hip Hop that was our love story, My love was deep and strong. But now things have changed. You’re not the same. People always told me change is good, but that’s not the case with us. I thought I knew you. Never could Imagine you making it ok for women to be seen as objects “barbies” instead of queens. Never would I thought i’d see the day when you used auto tune. You broke my heart when you let beef into our relationship.
What happened to the days of ciphers, and emcee battles? What happened to the days where your music uplifted people? What happened to the days of originality?
Hip Hop I know times are changing, and I guess you have to go with what sells, but I know you’re not satisfied, i’m not satisfied.
I love you still and I just want you to go back….
I won’t give up on you
As long as there’s A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, Jean Grae, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Common, and even your great, great, great nephews like J Cole and Jay Electronica give me hope that our love will survive this little fight.
Hip Hop I will always love you. You’ve been in my life for 15 years and I want this to last for as long as it can.
Please just find it in your heart to go back to what made me fall in love with you in the first place.
I believe in you…
even though i’ve only met my distant relative Bob for a few years, his legacy continues on through his sons, and I love every minute of it. Keep up to great work Damien, Stephan, Ki-Mani, Ziggy, and Julian.
Monday, August 15, 2011
i hate when cats run up on me at the light and try to sell something to me or to beg. move it, man. don't make me run you over with these 15 inch rims
my girlfriend is back! i'm so glad that she's here! c'mere girl and gimme a kiss
debt ceiling? most people don't even understand what that means. educate yourself.
some people are trippin' about the US credit rating being lowered when they KNOW they have bad credit, too!
the kids just started school this past week. where did the summer go?
speaking of school, i asked Kameron (who turned 9 last Monday) how he liked school...he said "there are some cute girls in my class."
remember when you had your first kiss? how old were you? i was 6. #dontjudgme
never understood why your parents told you to "sit in the corner and be quiet" while there was a storm going on outside
K-Ci from Jodeci said...
Take my money
My house and my cars
For one hit of you
You can have it all, baby
Cause makin love
Everytime we do
Girl it's worse than drugs
Cause i'm an addict over you <-------now THAT'S some powerful stuff! LOL
my boy @DariustheKing said on twitter the other day that a dude came in his barbershop and was tryna sell dog food. LMAO! Who in the hell sells dog food in a barbershop? You can buy a lotta stuff in a barbershop but dog food aint one of em
it's funny that the "Dream Team" moniker for the Philadelphia Eagles came from Vince Young...a dude who probably won't play much this year
i watched some of the GOP debate the other night. i fell asleep halfway through it.
i find myself staring at my daughter's ultrasound pics. she'll be here in 2 months. can't wait!!!
follow me on twitter @12kyle
i missed my 20 yr high school reunion. it fell on the same weekend that we went to Jamaica. hopefully, i'll catch it in 5 yrs
speaking of Jamaica, i could look at this allllllllll day long
watch the throne...I'd give it 3 out of 5 mics (barely). it's average at best. simply put...i expect more from Kanye and Jay Z
ladies...what you wear speaks VOLUMES to men. keep that in mind when you put on that tight dress
fellas...surround yourself with men who will make you a better man
hey ella mae shaqueta jackson...nice shades
Thursday, August 11, 2011
I spotted her from far, far across the room
Nice body, cute face, Michael Kors bag, Donna Karan shoes
I watch from a distance as she settles into her seat
I see her every other day in class. But she never notices me.
At times I feel brave and I want to walk over and speak
Then I become flushed with a feeling and I become weak.
It feels like my body is paralyzed with fear
I get that feeling without her even being near
Captivated by her beauty and brains
Quietly, I'm driving myself insane. I'm sure she doesn't know my name
I know who she is. And I'd love to get to know her better
Too scared to talk. Maybe I should send her a letter?
I could tell her about how I love what she does with her hair
Nah, I don't wanna sound corny. But I really could go there
Tell her about how it looks when the sunlight hits her highlighted streaks of red
But I don't want to offend her by anything that I've said.
See, I'ma different kind of man
And that's something I want her to see firsthand
I could complement her on her curvy hips and thighs
Nah, that sounds too much like those other guys.
Maybe I could tell her how her smile lights up our entire class
Nope. Can't say that. Sounds like I'd be coming on too fast
How about those dreamy eyes?
Damn. Can't say that. Doesn't sound too wise!
I've never been at a loss for words
All of this for a woman who prolly thinks I'm a nerd
One day I will be bold and overcome my fear
I need to talk to her soon. Hope that day is near
Class just ended and I should stop staring into space
Daydreaming about looking into her eyes and kissing that cute face
I walk out of class in a rush
Need to get outside to catch a bus
I look forward and see an image approaching me
Is that my secret crush? No, it can't be
The closer that she moves toward me, it feels like time stands still
I can't run now. I've been waiting for this moment. So I should just chill
Now we're standing face to face
Can't believe I'm in this place
The scent of perfume tackled my nose
Wow. I can't believe she is THIS close
She smiles and says "Hi. How are you?"
My mouth opens. But the words never come through
What do I say? This opportunity I can't miss
I'm infatuated with a women who I didn't knew that I did exist.
Man, please let me say the right thing
Suddenly, her cell phone begins to ring.
She answers the call. And then she turns to walk away
I want to yell to her..."Hey, can you please stay?"
I try to be patient as she talks because I don't want to be rude
I don't want her to think of me like she does those other dudes.
The call takes her attention from me and she walks away.
Captivated by her presence. Moved by her gesture. It is in that spot that I will stay
Hopefully she'll come back
I'm standing here feeling real wack
I hope that she will soon be near
And then I won't allow myself to be paralyzed by fear
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Tune in to 12 RADIO every Wed. night at 9PM EST. 12 RADIO is the BEST and most interactive show on BlogTalkRadio.
TOPIC - Sports Wrap Up (NFL).
Co-hosted by DivaDee and OJ from In The Clutch.
Don't miss it!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Monday, August 1, 2011
Back from last week's vacation in Jamaica (Ocho Rios).
During that week, I learned a FEW things. Wanna hear em?
Things I LEARNED...
1. FIRST is better - thanks to my rewards points as an elite member with AirTran, my wife and I were able to fly first class to and from Jamaica. I always like first class. Not braggin or nuffin...but I like it. Comfortable seats. And I can get started drinking early. LOL
2. SOMETIMES you gotta DISCONNECT - for a whole week I was disconnected from my "social media empire". No twitter, 12RADIO, facebook, NBC Nightly News, ESPN, etc. Well, I did have access to ESPN and I briefly followed the NFL updates with the lockout. But for the most part, I had no phone access. And it was ok. Sometimes when you disconnect, you realize you give that stuff more time than you think.
3. WARM like BATH WATER - this blue/green ocean felt like I was in the tub at my house. Most people love to take a bath. I felt right at home in this water. And the pool!
4. ALL IN - you can't beat the all inclusive resorts. I took FULL advantage of the unlimited food and booze. I'll be back in the gym this week trying to work off the damage I did last week. I don't normally eat 3 meals a day and drink like a fish but I did. I mean...champagne at breakfast...I was outta control...but I was on vacay! LOL
5. YOU A JERK - If you are what you eat, then I'm a jerk...jerk chicken. I couldn't stop eating it. I've had jerk chicken before I went on vacay. But it didn't taste like this! LOL. I even asked the chef what he put in it because the meat was falling off the bone.
6. THREE ain't a CROWD - You have more fun when you have friends with you. We went to Jamaica with 2 other couples...my boy Russell & his wife Lisa...and their friends Lionel & Angela. We all had a ball together. We hung out the whole week. We dined together at every meal. We spent time talking about ourselves, our marriages, and the world. We were also there to celebrate Lisa & Russell's 10 yr wedding anniversary on July 27. There was a ceremony and they renewed their vows. The weather was beautiful that day and every day that week. We were truly in paradise. One night, we shut it DOWN at the piano bar with Lisa and I singing (yes...ole 12kyle can sing..lol) every song that the piano man could play. We might need to go on tour! LOL. In the end, we made some new friends and we're already planning NEXT year's trip!
7. JAMAICA mon - Jamaicans are some pushy people. Mad aggresive. They don't take 'no' for an answer. Maybe I shouldn't say all of them. Maybe it's just the ones who "work" at Dunn River Falls in Ocho Rios. They stand around and badger you to come and buy their products from them. When you don't, they get mad. One dude asked me if I wanted to buy some Jamaican woodcraft. I told him no. He said "You supposed to be a brother but you won't support another brother. That's a shame!" Huh? I chuckled. Maybe he should send ME some money when I gotta pay my mortgage company? LOL. I didn't take it personal. I know it's an extremely poor country and they make their money off tourism. Nevertheless, a silly guilt trip won't make me buy no woodcraft.
8. GET NEKKID - this is the "nude" island. To get there, you'd have to catch a boat from our resort because it is located about 400 yards away. Apparently, only elderly, white people like to get nekkid because they were mainly the ones who I saw going over there. I'm a progressive dude. But I dunno about laying around nude for a bunch of meat peepers to look at me. LOL
9. LEFT & RIGHT - The steering wheels on cars over there are on the RIGHT side of the car. And they drive on the LEFT side of the road. This was my 2nd trip to Jamaica and I've seen it before but it STILL freaks me out
10. TANNED - Contrary to popular belief, black people DO tan. Sherice was tanned. I think I was a lil tanned too! So now you can call me...the DARK CHOCOLATE BOY WUNDER
11. SUNRISE SUPRISE - One of my favorite moments was to watch the sunrise from my balcony. Looking out and seeing nothing but the ocean while listening to the waves crash was a great feeling. I used to the time to reflect on where I am...and where I'm going. Self relfection is good. Try it at sunrise whenever you can