Friday, October 3, 2008

thirtyfour


I wasn't sure what I was gonna post about today.

Then...I got this email from my boy, Pat. You remember Pat...the brutha with a college degree and no job who has women paying his way on expensive trips to various places. Pat...the aspiring 35 year old rapper.

Yeah. Dat dude. LOL

Anyway...he sent this to me and I wanted to share with my peeps

34 Reasons To Have Sex

1. Shag your guy's ticker into shape. According to a study at Queens University in Belfast, men who have sex three or more times a week can cut their risk of heart attack in half.

2. According to that same study, regular romps will also halve your man's chances of suffering a stroke.

3. Work off that Rice Krispies Treat without hitting the treadmill. One 30-minute roll in the hay burns about 200 calories.

4. Curb irritability. "Tactile stimulation soothes nerves," says Evelyn Resh, M.P.H., certified nurse midwife and director of health services at Canyon Ranch spa in Lenox, Massachusetts.

5. Kick colds to the curb. Researchers at Wilkes University in Pennsylvania found that having sex once or twice a week boosts the immune system by 30 percent.

6. I Skip the Botox. In his book, Secrets of the Superyoung, neurophysiologist David Weeks, M.D., of Scotland's Royal Edinburgh Hospital, writes: "An active sex life slows the aging process."

7. Get more z's. A little sensual massage followed by some dancing in the sheets releases sleep-inducing endorphins

8. Wake up and smell the roses. Post-romp, you'll experience a surge in the hormone prolactin, which develops new neurons in the brain's olfactory bulb, improving your sense of smell.

9. Watch a Lost DVD marathon without constant bathroom breaks. Sex tones the pelvic muscles that support your uterus, bladder, and bowel, meaning better pee control.

10. No pain, all gain. Right after your big O, you'll be practically swimming in oxytocin (we're talking a seriously intense surge). The overload releases endorphins, which help alleviate pain from arthritis and -- hallelujah! -- menstrual cramps.

11. Put more pep in your step. Rhode Island-based relationship expert Scott Haltzman, M.D., says that women absorb some of the testosterone men secrete in their ejaculate. The payoff: "The increased testosterone can have energy-boosting effects in women."

12. Blow him away in your bikini. According to researchers, regular shagging can tighten your tummy...and firm your bum

13. Aunt Flow, we meet again. Endocrinologists at Columbia and Stanford universities found that women who have sex at least once a week have more-regular menstrual cycles than those who do it once in a blue moon.

14. Forget flowers and the flat-screen: Sex is an easier (and cheaper) way to make up after a fight.

15. Improve your communication skills. Speaking up about what's working (or not) in the sack can help you express yourself in other parts of your life.

16. Sex can trigger the onset of labor when you're at term. "Semen contains prostaglandins," Resh says. "When they're against the cervix, prostaglandins help it dilate and induce natural labor."

17. Getting busy on the regular can improve your flexibility.

18. Love the skin you're in. For some people, gettin' busy can boost body image, Resh says.

19. Yes, tonight, honey--I have a headache. Recent studies have shown that doing the horizontal hustle can bring temporary headache relief.

20. Add your share of smut to the girls' night cocktail chatter. Even bad sex is fun to dish about.

21. Use it or lose it. Says marriage therapist Michele Weiner Davis, author of The Sex-Starved Wife: "The more you have sex, the more likely you'll be to continue to produce testosterone, one of the primary hormones responsible for sexual desire."

22. Give your guy a helping hand. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, the more he ejaculates, the less likely he is to develop prostate cancer.

23. Strengthen your core -- it's like Pilates without the annoyingly perfect instructor.

24. "Increase the amount and quality of cuddle time," says psychologist Laurie Mintz, Ph.D, a professor at the University of Missouri. "The best comes immediately after the orgasm."

25. "Good sex creates more love each time," Mintz says. "That's why it's called 'making love.'"

26. Best excuse in the world for pricey, pretty, frilly, silky lingerie.

27. Two words: "I'm preggers!"

28. Feel the power. "When things go well in the bed and you're pleasing your partner," says San Francisco sex therapist Sandor Gardos, Ph.D., founder of MyPleasure.com, "you feel more confident and powerful in other parts of your life."

29. Activate your taste buds. "Your sensitivities are heightened after sexual intercourse," Gardos says. "That bottle of wine or chocolate bar will taste even better."

30. Stir creative juices. "When people are together long-term, sex can become boring," Resh says. "Coming up with new ways to keep things interesting improves the imagination."

31. Seriously pissed? Instead of screaming your head off, save your voice and have sex. It's a great way to release tension.

32. Take him to your level. According to family therapist Michael Gurian, author of What Could He Be Thinking?: How a Man's Mind Really Works, the one time a man's oxytocin level can match ours is after his happy ending.

33. Vitalize the vag. Increases in blood flow to the pelvis keep the oven in good order, says Lana Holstein, M.D., managing director of sexuality programs at Miraval Resort

34. Come on, do you really need a reason?

http://www.aolhealth.com/condition-center/womens-sexual-health/sex-and-your-health?feeddeeplinkNum=0

hollatchaboi!!!! have a great weekend

23 comments:

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

Hey Brother!

No comment.....my eyes were closed while reading this sensitive information.....I can't put no thoughts like this in my head...til it's time for some action....and....this certainly aint the time cause I's aint married yet!!! In due season right Bro??? In due season. (sigh).

Eb the Celeb said...

this was whack...

obviously a man made up this list.. when I pissed I want the flowers the pampering, all that ish...and then the convo before make up sex... because having sex doesnt make the problem go away..duh!

Big O said...

In reading this post, i just new i find good comments...

Guess not...lol


And i 2nd number 34...lol

12kyle said...

@ Keisha the Kitten
LOL @ you!! I hear ya!

@ Eb the Celeb
I'ma start calling you the maaad rapper...or the maaad blogger...

tellemwhyusmadson!!!

haaaaaa

@ Big O
check back in a lil later. i'm sure somebody will have something for you. lol

Angel said...

hmmmmm what can I say...lets get on with it then!

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

this was for comedic relief...right? i hope so, cuz i was laughing...

The Jaded NYer said...

great... another reminder that I'm not having sex. Wonderful. Awesome. Thanks, Kyle!

HMPH!

*stomps away*

Queen of My Castle said...

I am almost insatiable when it comes to sex, so I was all over this post. But who really needs to have a reason?

I see most of the women think this post was funny and/or stupid. LOL

Miss Mika said...

D*mnit.

Opinionated Diva said...

I'm so not surprised this came from Pat! LOL.

#34 says it all.

RealHustla said...

Now, if only I could get a prescription from my doctor and get it filled at the pharmacy.

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

LMAO @ #28...However, strange but true, I do feel more powerful...I guess that's why it's called "p*ssy power."

I don't know about #9...if he is hitting it right, you don't have more control over that...it's more like out of control.

#7 is true...one time I fell asleep and woke up the next day...in the evening (*trying to find his number while I'm typing this*)


#26=The only bad thing about that is it doesn't stay on for long. If I paid a lot of money for it, you better believe it's not coming off for at least an hour...you better look at me or something to pass by time.

I'm mad at #32...so you mean to tell me that the only time we are on one accord is after he gets some? That's BS!

Keith said...

So this is why I haven't had a heart attack or a stroke and don't catch colds...??? Well I'll be....
Well ..I'm just going to have to have more.....For uh, Good health
reasons.

Ms. Jones said...

This explains why I am irritable and sick in bed with a cold....geesh!

The Lady Girl said...

Interesting...

now let me go find a "johnson" to see if any of this is true.

TravelDiva said...

LOL. I don't really need any incentive..........

Darius T. Williams said...

Um, hilarious!

Stew said...

so many wonderful reason. and there are a million more

~Ms. Moore~ said...

My 34 reason list starts where their list ends:
1. Come on, do you really need a reason?
2. My soul mate: Chuck D
3. Loving personality: Forrest Whitaker
4. Aging well and still fine for no reason: Denzel Washington
5. Men today should be this passionate: Cyrano De Bergerac
6. Intelligence is sexy: Tavis Smiley
7. Intelligence is sexy: Hill Harper
8. Gots ta love a THUG: A.I.
9. Eye candy: Keith Hamilton Cobb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10. Dark chocolate: Big Papi
11. Humanitarian: Don Cheadle
12. Nice persona: (Sugar) Shane Mosley
13. Smokin’: Johan Santana
14. Fun loving: Manny Ramirez
15. The man got body: T.O
16. Pound for Pound: Roy Jones
17. Some things are worth doing twice: My x Jim Brown (not the x-football player)
18. Some things are worth doing twice: My x Steven D. Reese
19. Some things are worth doing twice: My x Stretch
20. Some things are worth doing twice: My x Michael Williams
21. Some things are worth doing twice: My x Christopher Williams
22. Long and Lean: My local cable man
23. Nice legs: My mailman
24. Nice legs: My UPS man
25. Dark chocolate: My African neighbor Malik
26. Sexy smile: The Latino in my neighborhood Moe’s
27. Short and aims to please: David Jones
28. Brut force: Marion Barber
29. Lust at first sight: Charles Davis
30. Benefits: Jeff the store manager at Wal-mart that opens a register for me when I’m ready to check out.
31. Love that intriguing silhouette: E
32. Italian with sexy lips: Chaz Palmenteri
33. Packing: Gabriel
34. Last but not least: Me if I can’t be with the one I love I can always love the one I’m with (MYSELF)…LOL
www.deliveringonthepromise.com/rcvmoore

12kyle said...

@ Angel
I hear you! LoL

@ PCD
A lil comedy. Haaaa

@ Jaded Santana
LMAO @ u!!!

@ Queen
Insatiable? I feel ya. And you're right...no reasons needed

@ Mika
Mah bad. Haahahahah

@ OD
I found it ironic that Pat would send this. And I forgot to mention that he's in Vegas this weekend!!

@ RealHustla
Haaaa! That's funny

@ Beautifully.Conjured.Up
Pussy power is very real. It's undefeated. It's 1 trillion and 0. Never loses. It'll make us go kraaayzay

12kyle said...

@ Keith
*raising my glass* here's to good health!!!

@ Ms. Jones
Hope u feel betta!

@ The Lady Girl
Welcome to the 12th Planet. Make sure that you come back. We have a good time over here. We're here every day like a stray cat.

Would you like Pat's number? LMAO!!!!

@ TravelDiva
AGREED!!!

@ Darius
Yessur

@ Stew
That is so true my brutha!

@ Ms Moore
OMG!!! You are stoooooooooooopid! Lmao!!!

Forrest Whitaker? Haaaaa

The Flyyest said...

I'm so agreeing with number 34!!! Lmao

Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T said...

pat is lame lol